Onswipe’s mission is to power the way the world experiences the web on touch devices. We do this by making it insanely easy for a publisher of any size to make their existing content provide a beautiful app-like expearience in the browser. What Google did for search and Facebook did for share, Onswipe is doing for experience.
A little background information about Onswipe
- Onswipe is born and bred in New York City. We started out as a part of the inaugural Techstars NYC class in 2011.
- We’ve raised over $6,000,000 from investors like Spark Capital, SV Angel, Lerer Ventures, Betaworks, and more. They’re early investors in companies like Google, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, and Admeld.
- We have one of the largest audiences on the tablet web, meaning you get to work on
- Our team is 25+ people strong.
- Our executive team has built large teams at companies like Aol, Jumptap, Grooveshark, and more
- We’ve been named Forbes 30 Under 30, INC 30 Under 30, Businesweek Top 25 under 25, and Time Inc. Top 10 Startups.
- Some of our partners include Ziff Davis, Answers.com, Bonnier, Blackbook, and more.
- Benefits, benefits, benefits… Dental, vision, health, gym memberships, and mac equipment galore.
More about our technology stack
- On the backend, we are using Node.js for most of our backend operations.
- Database-wise, we store most of our data into MongoDB with some data in MySQL.
- Other stuff we use includes Redis and Solr.
- Our code is committed to GitHub.
- We track issues with Jira
- We’re working on developing a testing culture using Vows tests and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- We’re developing a system that serves content to millions of readers a month. We need you to help us grow it.
Four things that would make us love you
- Able to write applications that are well spec’d and logically thought out to scale at a fast pace in realtime.
- You have worked on a Node application at a scale that reaches millions of users.
- You’re obsessed with making your NPM top ranking go higher.
- Work with a group of Node.js and full stack engineers at Onswipe building our systems such as Fetch, which collects and analyzes tens of millions of pieces of content.
- Obsessively work to improve performance on all parts of the Onswipe stack that uses Node.
- Work to scale existing systems and create new systems that interface between advertising and publishing.
- College education, or something awesome you did instead of one.
- Experience working with at a startup in the past.
- Extensive Node.js experience.
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Showing open-source contributions is highly advantageous.
- Test-driven development knowledge highly advantageous.