Onswipe’s mission is to power the way the world experiences the web on touch devices. We do this by making it insanely easy for a publisher of any size to make their existing content provide a beautiful app-like experience in the browser. What Google did for search and Facebook did for share, Onswipe is doing for experience.
A little background information about Onswipe
- Onswipe is born and bred in New York City. We started out as a part of the inaugural Techstars NYC class in 2011.
- We’ve raised over $6,000,000 from investors like Spark Capital, SV Angel, Lerer Ventures, Betaworks, and more. They’re early investors in companies like Google, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, and Admeld.
- We have one of the largest audiences on the tablet web, meaning you get to work on.
- Our executive team has built large teams at companies like Aol, Jumptap, Grooveshark, and more
- We’ve been named Forbes 30 Under 30, INC 30 Under 30, Businessweek Top 25 under 25, and Time Inc. Top 10 Startups.
Onswipe is seeking a Director of Finance to lead all financial and accounting activities at Onswipe, a fast-growth, venture capital backed online media and publishing company. We run the largest platform of ad-supported touch optimized websites on tablets and phones. Partners include Bonnier, Answers.com, ZiffDavis, Vibe and 100s of other large & mid-sized publishers. We have 30 employees, most located in our NYC Union Square headquarters. The Director of Finance will report to the COO and oversee all operational aspects of Onswipe’s financial and accounting activities. This newly created role will be the company’s first senior financial hire and will play a key role in Company’s growth.
Responsibilities include management of all critical finance operations including the following:
- Creation and maintenance of all financial reports, forecasts, budgets and models.
- A/P, A/R , Billing and Collection (with assistance from our Office Manager)
- Purchasing requisition management
- Support senior management with board meeting preparation and investor needs
- Investment support (due diligence requests, etc.)
- Direct interaction with the Board and Investors
- Handle banking and insurer relationships
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in accounting and finance, including some experience with a venture backed start-up (REQUIRED)
- Experience working for and with a company through a period of high growth (HIGHLY PREFERRED)
- Prior work experience in online media, ad network or publishing industry (HIGHLY PREFERRED)
- Great communication skills – ability to write, speak and present clearly and succinctly (REQUIRED)
- Ability to multi-task, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner (REQUIRED)
- Leadership skills – ability to take charge, confidence to interact with all levels, set objectives, drive results, and act as a team player (REQUIRED)
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. Qualified candidates will be contacted. Onswipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.