Onswipe’s mission is to power the way the world experiences the web on touch devices. We do this by making it insanely easy for a publisher of any size to make their existing content provide a beautiful app-like experience in the browser. What Google did for search and Facebook did for share, Onswipe is doing for experience.
A little background information about Onswipe
- Onswipe is born and bred in New York City. We started out as a part of the inaugural Techstars NYC class in 2011.
- We’ve raised over $6,000,000 from investors like Spark Capital, SV Angel, Lerer Ventures, Betaworks, and more. They’re early investors in companies like Google, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, and Admeld.
- We have one of the largest audiences on the tablet web, meaning you get to work on
- Our team is 25+ people strong.
- Our executive team has built large teams at companies like Aol, Jumptap, Grooveshark, and more
- We’ve been named Forbes 30 Under 30, INC 30 Under 30, Businesweek Top 25 under 25, and Time Inc. Top 10 Startups.
- Some of our partners include Ziff Davis, Answers.com, Bonnier, Blackbook, and more.
- Benefits, benefits, benefits… Dental, vision, health, gym memberships, and mac equipment galore.
More about our technology stack
- On the backend, we are using Node.js for most of our backend operations.
- Database-wise, we store most of our data into MongoDB with some data in MySQL.
- Other stuff we use includes Redis and Solr.
- Our code is committed to GitHub.
- We track issues with Jira
- We’re working on developing a testing culture using Vows tests and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- We’re developing a system that serves content to millions of readers a month. We need you to help us grow it.
Four things that would make us love you
- You believe experience isn’t just design, but how the end user feels after experiencing fast performance.
- You know at least 5 major webkit bugs that make your life difficult and wish were fixed.
- Work on the front-end reader team of Onswipe that impacts the end user.
- Work with an extensible architecture that works across many devices such as iPad and Nexus7
- Interact and eventually contribute to our touch interaction library Swipecore
- Create new and innovative ad units that interact with the reader layer and content on the front-end
- Create core plugins and functionality for our plugin along with maintaining the base architecture.
- College education, or something awesome you did instead of one.
- Previous startup experience (not a side project) required.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, especially HTML5.
- Extensive knowledge of CSS, especially CSS3.