Onswipe’s mission is to power the way the world experiences the web on tablets. We do this by making it insanely easy for a publisher of any size to make their existing content provide a beautiful app-like experience in the browser.
One of the most things we believe in is shipping quality products. We rely on good code quality as well as QA to achieve this. We’re looking for someone that has an extensive background in QA, building QA processes, managing user testing, and other aspects relating to testing and QA, so that we can release even better products. You should have a lot of experience working in QA, especially in fast-moving startup environments.
Who are we?
- Onswipe is a startup in NYC. We make it insanely easy to publish your content on tablet and touch devices.
- We’re backed by VCs and angels like Spark Capital, SV Angel, Lerer Ventures, and Yuri Milner (and more!)
- Our team is 23 people strong.
- Our founding team has started stuff like Grooveshark and ThreeWords.me.
- Some of our partners include BBC, eWeek, Refinery29, and others.
- We’ve got health benefits!
What about technically?
- On the backend, the majority of our code is written in node.js, backed by MongoDB and a healthy use of Redis.
- Our code and software planning are done in GitHub.
- We’re developing a system that serves content to millions of readers a month.
- Working with E J, who leads product and frontend, and the rest of the engineering team. Check our team out.
- Developing a QA process that works alongside with our current development process.
- Running QA and testing on code to be shipped.
- Running user testing sessions and compiling results.
- Participate in development and review of unit testing.
- Work with QA interns that will assist in QA processes.
- Three years or more of hands-on quality assurance and testing experience, preferably at startups.
- Experience in testing both frontend and backend aspects.
- Experience with using devices like the iPad, iPhone, and other mobile devices.
- Experience running QA for mobile devices highly advantageous.
- Technical background necessary.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines necessary.
- Experienced in working with, and interfacing between both technical and non-technical teams.
- Communication skills are crucial.
- Continuous integration knowledge advantageous.