Founded in 2010 and based in New York City, Onswipe’s mission is to power the way the world experiences the touch web. Onswipe does this by making it insanely easy for a publisher of any size to provide an engaging, app-like experience in the browser, while still using their existing content. Onswipe distributes content to a plethora of other publishers, thereby attracting traffic from across the touch web.
As for advertisers, Onswipe lets brands deliver beautiful, full page, magazine-like advertising on the touch web at scale. And because Onswipe is web-based, ads are 100% measurable, every engagement point is tracked, such as watching a video, ad view, and more in a well-produced report.
The Onswipe Effect
When a publisher uses Onswipe, things start to happen. Great things.
- Pageviews increase an average of 300–400 percent.
- Time-on-site grows an average 50 percent, and sometimes even double that.
- Onswipe’s tailored tablet ads perform 50–100x better than traditional banner ads.
- Advertising campaigns can be up and running in under a day with no production costs. Sites can use existing print creative layered with interactivity, such as geolocation, social sharing, and video.
Jason L. Baptiste
Jason L. Baptiste is the CEO and a co-founder of Onswipe. In 2011 Jason was named to Forbes 30 Under 30, Businessweek’s Top 25 Under 25 entrepreneurs, INC. Magazine’s 30 Under 30, and the CEO of one of TIME Inc’s 10 Best Startups. Jason published his first book “The Ultralight Startup” in April. In his spare time, Jason is an avid runner, blogger and advisor to other startups.
Onswipe President and co-founder Andrés Barreto, a serial entrepreneur, has started several technology companies. Among the highlights are Grooveshark, a music-streaming service; PulsoSocial, a media company covering technology and startup space in Latin America, and also founded Socialatom, a Miami-based Public Relations agency for tech in Latin America.
7/27/2010: Onswipe’s first prototype, called PadPressed, is launched.
10/22/2010: Onswipe launches PadPressed plugin version 2.
1/12/2011: Onswipe announced as the eleventh company in the TechStars program. On the same day, announces it has raised $1 million from Spark Capital, Betaworks, AdMob investor ENIAC Ventures, and other angel investors.
3/24/2011: Onswipe partners with Automattic (WordPress.com).
4/14/2011: CEO Jason L. Baptiste unveils Onswipe at TechStars Demo Day 2011
5/27/2011: Mark Bao joins Onswipe as cofounder/CTO
6/01/2011: Times Inc. places Onswipe on list of “10 NYC Startups to Watch”
6/02/2011: Onswipe announces $5 million “Series Awesome” round of funding, led by Spark Capital and with participation from Lightbank, Yuri Milner, Lerer Ventures, SVAngel, Betaworks, Morado Ventures, ENIAC, and Thrive Capital.
6/21/2011: Onswipe platform officially launches, bringing the best of the touch web to the masses.
1/03/2012: Onswipe 2.0 released, includes comment support and 3x the layouts.
2/15/2012: Onswipe expands into content distribution with Rocketship Recommendations and updates UI.
3/20/2012: Onswipe includes real-time touch analytics for publishers.
5/31/2012: Onswipe releases iPhone version, “Favorites”, and “Draft”.
Onswipe is spelled as a single word, with only the O capitalized. All other letters are lowercase.
Onswipe on Tablet
Onswipe on Phone
At Onswipe, we love publishers—and publishers love us too! Here are just a few of the awesome publications that have covered us:
- Financial Post — Never underestimate the value of speed (web: 6/27/12; print: 7/10/12)
- Memeburn — Onswipe is leading mobile-friendly content with new offerings (6/13/12)
- TechCrunch — Onswipe Heads To The iPhone, Launches Layout Personalization With OnSwipe Draft (5/31/12)
- Fox News Latino — Our American Dream: The Latin Mark Zukerberg (5/30/12)
- Read Write Web — Ultralight Startups Think Big, Keep It Simple, Move Fast (4/18/12)
- MakeUseOf — Make Your WordPress Blog iPad Friendly With Onswipe (4/07/12)
- Business Insider — Ex-Googler Patrick Keane Is playing A Big Role In New York Startups (3/28/12)
- The Next Web — Onswipe launches real-time touch analytics for publishers & it’s awesome (3/20/12)
- The Next Web — Onswipe’s Jason Baptiste on being a CEO: “I am a 2012 equivalent of Dr. Seuss” (2/26/12)
- CMS Wire — Good News for Publishers: Onswipe Expands to Distribution Platform (2/16/12)
- TechCrunch — Onswipe Now Recommends Partner Content Throughout Its Network (2/15/12)
- The Next Web — Onswipe expands into a massive content distribution network with its new UI (2/15/12)
- Xconomy — Onswipe Looks to Ride Third Wave of the Web with New Content Network (2/15/12)
- Mobile Commerce Daily — How to monetize mobile traffic (2/01/12)
- Untapped New York — Onswipe: Bringing the beauty of tablet publishing to the masses (1/24/12)
- The Next Web — Onswipe drops its second version with hot comment support and triple the layouts (1/03/12)
- Socialbrite 12/15/11 — Onswipe: Make your site ‘swipeable’ on the iPad! (12/15/11)
- The Next Web 11/21/11 — Onswipe gives WIRED a taste of its new tech, coming in 2012 (11/21/11)
- PSFK 11/16/11 — PSFK Partners With Onswipe for Best-In-Class iPad Experience (11/16/11)
- Bloomberg — Baptiste says ‘TechStars’ Took Onswipe to ‘New Level’ (Video) (10/05/11)
- The Next Web 7/29/11 — Onswipe’s easy tablet publishing is now self serve and open to the public (7/29/11)
- Inc. — Jason Baptiste and Andres Barreto, Founders of Onswipe (6/27/11)
- Mashable — Onswipe Launching “Insanely Easy” Tablet Publishing Platform (6/21/11)
- Poynter — 6 reasons to consider Onswipe for tablet-friendly websites (6/21/11)
- The Next Web — An inside look at Onswipe’s plan to rewrite the world of tablet advertising (6/21/11)
- Wired — Onswipe Makes Any News Site Touch-Enabled With HTML5 Magic (6/21/11)
- VentureBeat — Onswipe raises $5M for tablet publishing that’s “insanely easy” (6/03/11)
- TechCrunch — Spark, Lightbank And Yuri Milner Get In On Onswipe’s $5M ‘Series Awesome’ (6/02/11)
- Time — Onswipe named to Time Inc.’s List of “10 NYC Startups to Watch” (6/01/11)
- Fast Company — Why Build An iPad App, When OnSwipe Instantly Gives Websites A “Tablet Feel”? (5/24/11)
- Web Distortion — Onswipe — simpler, sexier tablet publishing (4/18/11)
- TechCruch — Onswipe Brings Tablet Publishing To The Browser (TCTV Demo) (4/14/11)
- New York Times — OnSwipe Introduces Swipe-Friendly Tools for Sites (4/14/11)
- Teleanu 3/29/11 — Onswipe: iPad Meets WordPress (3/29/11)
- WPV 3/25/11 — Review: Onswipe plugin/theme for iPad (3/25/11)
- Macgasm 3/25/11 — Onswipe, a WordPress Plugin that creates an iPad-compatible theme (3/25/11)
- BetaBeat 3/24/11 — Onswipe Partners With Automattic to Bring 18 M. Blogs to Tablet (3/24/11)
- Gizmodo 3/23/11 — Wordpress Makes Blogs More Like Magazines on the iPad (3/23/11)
- BetaBeat 3/07/11 — The White House Is Partnering With GroupMe, Gilt Groupe, Onswipe and Bon Jovi (3/07/11)
- Fortune 2/25/11 — Can OnSwipe steal magazines back from Apple? (2/25/11)
- The Next Web 1/24/11 — Forget apps, Onswipe is the future of publishing (1/24/11)
- New York Observer 1/13/11 — TechStars Mystery Firm, OnSwipe, Exits Stealth With $1 M. Seed Round (1/13/11)
- TechCrunch 1/12/11 — Onswipe Raises, Like, A Million Dollars (1/12/11)
Morado Venture Partners
Morado Venture Partners